Program Outcomes (POs)
The program has incorporated the BAETE suggested POs. They are:
- Engineering Knowledge -Apply knowledge of mathematics, sciences, engineering fundamentals and manufacturing engineering to the solution of complex engineering problems;
- Problem Analysis – Identify, formulate, research relevant literature and analyze complex engineering problems, and reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences;
- Design/Development of Solutions – Design solutions, exhibiting innovativeness, for complex engineering problems and design systems, components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, economical, ethical, environmental and sustainability issues.
- Investigation – Conduct investigation into complex problems, displaying creativeness, using research-based knowledge, and research methods including design of experiments, analysis, and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions;
- Modern Tool Usage – Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling, to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations;
- The Engineer and Society – Apply reasoning based on contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, cultural, contemporary issues, and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practices.
- Environment and Sustainability – Understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal, global, and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development;
- Ethics – Apply professional ethics and commit to responsibilities and norms of professional engineering code of practices.
- Communication – Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions;
- Individual and Teamwork – Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings.
- Lifelong Learning – Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- Project Management and Finance – Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering management and financial principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and/or leader in a team, to manage projects in multidisciplinary settings, and identify opportunities of entrepreneurship